Monday, October 22, 2007

Too many blogs. I know.

Right now, in China, there are four AKIC blogs: 

www.andiskaulins.spaces.live.com

www.andiskaulinsinchina.blogspot.com

www.andiskaulins.tumblr.com

http://blog.myspace.com/wuxiandis

Why?  Because I am in China, it is a wise policy to have at least two in case, one is blocked as was the case with my blogspot blog.  But the last week it has been available.  If I had my choice, my one and only blog would be my blogspot blog but unfortunately it is blocked most of the time in China.  The spaces live blog was my first blog and gets the majority of my hits.  It is linked to a popular Wuxi Expat site (www.wuxilife.com) which accounts for its popularity.  So much as I would like to ditch the MSN blog because it works wonkily, I am stuck with it because it steers all my traffic to my other sites.  I have the tumblr blog because it is available in China and I can supply it with the RSS feed for my blogspot site.  (Interestingly, I can post entries to blogspot even though I can't see them on the site.)  I like the look of tumblr and it is by far the best site for showing off my photos.  So, I maintain tumblr as a backup to my blogspot site.

Now why do I have the myspace blog?  It gets about 25 views a day.  It is a good place to write nonsense.  But still it is the blog I would ditch first.

I have tried to find a way to use each blog for a specific purpose.  I thought to make my blogspot blog my blog for political rants.  But then these are rss-fed to tumblr.  I thought to use AKIC spaces live for happy Wuxi Expat talk and photo displays but I see that tumblr is the best blog for displaying photos.  I thought to use this blog as the place for making banal observations about my day-to-day life at work.  But sometimes I feel I have to put more content in the MSN live spaces blog because it would be read there and I need the content.

Quandary, Quandary, Quandary?  Is that a song by Engelbert Humperdinck?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Opulently I agree but I contemplate the brief should have more info then it has.