Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Tony and the Pacifier. Draconian Internet restrictions in China?

It was a great joy and relief to see Tony take to his pacifier last night.  He had it in his mouth for 20 minutes at a time before he spit it out.  So, we have another weapon with which to stop him from crying.  I use the word "weapon" metaphorically.

The new I.E. is ironing my clothes as I type.  It is her first day. She will be in the apartment for  15 hours a week, three hours a day for five days.

I started reading Churchill's WWII memoirs last night.  Time spent with the great statesman and my son Tony is time well spent for me. 

We go to the hospital this afternoon. 

 

From the Guardian, this article about Internet censorship in China. 

I just recently moved and had to deal with China Telecom.   The company has been putting a program on computers that they say makes the Internet faster.  In fact, it makes it difficult to access foreign web sites.  The company has instructed its staff to not install the program on Foreigners' computers.  However, Chinese citizens are stuck with it.  China Telecom is also charging more to use the Internet and not allowing unlimited access.  Some people can only get 4 hours a day.

No comments: