Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sunday afternoon in Wuxi.

I have got the third game of World Series on the computer.  The Boston Red Sox are leading the Colorado Rockies 9 to 5 as I type.

We had a bunch of new students from GE Healthcare start their first classes yesterday.   They were all brilliant.

Halloween is coming.  Do the students care?  No.  They can't even make half an idea for a costume.

I just read on www.steynonline.com that Joey Bishop, the last surviving member of the original Rat Pack has died.

I have two speakers corners this afternoon.  I will talk about a smorgasbord of things.

I spent some time this morning making flash cards for the two primary school classes I will be teaching on Tuesday morning.

I also spent some time making a list of active verb tenses for my Walter class.

There is a outdoor book stall at Wuxi's Chongnan Market that sells some English books for 10 RMB a copy.  I bought Empires and Dragons by Valerio Massimo Manfredi:  a novel about Romans going to the China of the Three Kingdoms.

I am thinking I will record AKIC #34 vlog today.

For lunch, I go to a nearby grocery store and buy oranges, bananas, crackers and water.  Healthy and inexpensive.

An afternoon wind is giving Wuxi a dustier than usual look.

Bottom of the ninth coming up.  I am going to record my vlog provided the game ends promptly.  The Red Son are leading 10 to 5.

For the Brits in Wuxi Sunday can be a time to watch a big football game.

Someone tells me that the Wuxi government is planning to move the CBD to an area near Taihu Square.  They are over planning and over developing if you ask me.  "Build it and they will come" seems to be they urban planning motto.

The students think China should have an army and go to the Moon.  They also think that is is important for the Chinese nation that they go to the Moon for prestige reasons.  One student even hinted that there were military reasons for China to put a base on the moon.  When I asked them to tell me why America has not gone to  the moon for over 35 years, they told me that America was choosing to spend more money on the military.

The Red Sox win.  I will now make vlog #34...

 

No comments: