Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Twenty Questions

I asked Poe AI to ask me twenty questions.  It took me five askings before it understood specifically what I wanted.  It first thought I wanted to play twenty questions,


Here are the questions it finally asked me with my answers:


1. What is your favorite hobby or pastime?


My favorite pastimes are reading, learning languages, reading poetry, following politics, making gifs, and blogging,


2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?


Latvia and the Vatican.  I’m of Latvian heritage and want to be a Catholic.



3. What is your favorite book or novel?


Hard question.  Favorite authors are Evelyn Waugh, Flannery O’Connor, Shakespeare, Orwell, Tolstoy, Hunter S Thompson, Chesterton ….


Taking a second stab at it.  The Bible, Collected works of Shakespeare, Scoop by Evelyn Waugh, my anthology of Nicholas Gomez Davila aphorisms, Orthodoxy by GK Chesterton, Oxford Book of English Verse: earlier editions.



4. Do you prefer coffee or tea?


I prefer tea in the afternoons; coffee in the mornings.



5. What is your favorite season of the year?


Where I’m living now:  Autumn.  Summer here in Jiangyin, Wuxi is unbearable.



6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?


Whatever powers Mystics have.



7. What is your favorite type of cuisine or food?


Indian food.  Chana Masala is the meal I’d eat before being executed.



8. Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert?


Both.  When I was in kindergarten, I didn’t speak to anyone till after the new year.  I am still accused of being in my own world.  But I have to be extroverted to do what I’m doing.



9. What is your favorite movie of all time?


Wizard of Oz.  Top Hat.  Lawrence of Arabia. John Wayne movies.  The Royal Tannenbaums.



10. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?


The mountains.  People who prefer the beach strike me as being superficial and Barbie and Ken doll like.  Mountain men are not governable and fiercely independent,


11. What is a skill or talent you would like to learn or improve?


I would like to play a musical instrument and speak better French, Chinese, Spanish and Latvian.


12. Are you a morning person or a night owl?


I’m a morning person.  I wake up at 5:00 AM.


13. What is your favorite music genre or artist?


Sinatra is my favorite singer.  I love country music, 70s Rock, punk, alternative, Ella, 90s alternative, New Order.


14. If you could have dinner with any historical figure, who would it be?


I would love to have dinner with Donald Trump.  He would serve great food and be a blast to talk with.  Among dead figures, I’d want to eat with Richard Nixon.  Do much I would want to ask him.


15. What is your favorite way to relax or unwind?


A can of beer.


16. Are you more of a dog person or a cat person?


Cat person.  Cats are quiet and not prone to acting over exuberantly.


17. What is a dream or goal you would like to achieve in the next five years?


Visit Latvia.  See my son get a job and get married.


18. Do you prefer sweet or savory food?


I’m not sure what you mean by savory, but if it ain’t sweet, I like it.


19. What is your favorite form of exercise or physical activity?


Walking and pretending to jump to absurd conclusions.


20. If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be?


It would be one I created.  The character would look like Raquel Welch, want to be with me, have the wit of Norm Macdonald, the reactionary attitude of a Nicholas Gomez Davila, the wit of a Chesterton, the ability to make me laugh like Don Rickles. and the knowledge of history of Richard Nixon.  The name of the character would be Jenny Christina Rossetti. 

No comments: