Friday, November 10, 2023

Mid November 2023 Ramblings

The world is for shit!  That’s what I have been hearing.


I finished reading The Mill on the Floss.  The ending was abrupt and dispiriting.  It was like the author didn’t know where to take the plot. 


I’ll now read the Hells Angels book written by Hunter S. Thompson.  There was always something I thought repellent about him, which stopped me from reading him till now.  But as I said before, good guy Tucker Carlson highly recommended reading him.


I wish I could write like him.  But the idea I could is very ridiculous.  Hunter never blinked.  I do.  And that’s just for one thing…


I have been doing these daily videos on YouTube.  AKIC Daily Videos I call them.  They are less than a minute long because they can become shorts on YouTube and thus seem to get more views than my normal long videos.  How long this series will last remains to be seen.  One day I’ll forget, and that could be the end of it.  I may well run out of ideas.  And perhaps I already have.  Watch ‘em here, pretty please!


Finished reading the poems of Thomas Carew.  From the 16th or 17th century he was.  Great stuff to send to Taiwanese baseball cheerleaders on Instagram.


BTW, I am on Instagram.  No followers really except women who couldn’t possibly be followers of me.  I just post photos from my blogs and my YouTubes there.  No views as far as I can tell.  Instagram is great for doing a ten minute scroll, said Mr. Dave Collum, I believe.


Do my students memorize their essays for mid-terms?


Someone asked me my position on Hamas Israel.  I demurred.  I spouted off both sides.  I told a joke about the US has never had a coup because it doesn’t have a US embassy.


Condemn all forms of hate?  No.  Better to conform all forms of hat.  Or better yet, better to comfort nicer forms of women.


Friday was one of those days where I was too quick to make a Wordle guess.  It turns out I didn’t move a letter out of its incorrect position,  I doomed myself like a husband too quick to make an open ended promise to his wife….


Cold this weekend in Jiangyin.  Last weekend, I was able to wear shorts.  This weekend I wear a long sleeve top, a hoodie jacket and a jean jacket.




No comments: