Friday, August 19, 2011

AKIC Exclusive: the second entry to be written on an Ipad.

August 15, 2011

I am at the playground again.  It is becoming a summer habit.  Monday, I take Tony to the playground -- he plays, I occupy myself with the IPad.

But Tony is being whiny today.  His crying is interrupting my reading and blogging.  I spank him.  I then read a passage from Orwell's 1984 -- Winston Smith realized that it was always your nervous system that gave you away.

Your nervous system was your enemy, I should have said.  I re-read the passage.  I mention this because I real did explode at Tony just then.  Quickly feeling remorse, I hugged him.

I use the iPad to take videos of Tony.  He will surely watch them later at home in bed.

A cameraman and some staff from school came to Casa K.  We shot a commercial for the school which will be shown on bus video screens throughout the Wuxi area.  I spoke a little Chinese but my fluency was hopeless.  Every sentence uttered required that I make a lot of effort.  Still, it was nice to be able to read some of the script's Chinese characters even though there seems little chance I will achieve fluency.

Ida is the Idamizer.  If you're not on her list, you don't exist.


发自我的 iPad

No comments: