Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tuesday is Friday

Don't Like to See
Sad to say, but the longer time you spend in a place, the more people you don't want to see.  It has been that sort of week, this week. 

Cars
My son Tony is not so wild about the animated movie Cars.  He prefers the Pixar-animated The Incredibles.  All these three Pixar movies we have on DVD, (Cars, Toy Story 2, and The Incredibles) I find myself sharing Tony's sentiments.  The Incredibles is by far the best of the lot.

Something I learned
There is Nanchang market in Wuxi, and Nanchang city that is the capital of Jiangxi.  I had a viewer of my videos on YouTube sent me a note about after I made a video of Tony in the Nanchang market.  Gary from Atlanta, Georgia is going to Nanchang city to join a wife and child.  Good luck to him.  Like me, he is having a child, late in life.  Like him, I wonder if it was the right thing to do.  For me, anyway, it gives me a purpose, and keeps me away from the parts of the Expat lifestyle that seem soul-destroying.  But alas, purpose means struggle.

Good Morning Kiss
Tony just gave me a good morning kiss. 

Three "U"s in Wuxi
I thought I had the problem solved.  I was trying to make the theme song for the King of Wuxi Fan Club sound like the Mickey Mouse Club. K-I-N-G-O-F-W-U-X-I, I thought could be sung with the same cadence and/or rhythm as M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E.  The problem is that "King of Wuxi" is one letter shorter than "Mickey Mouse".

To get around the problem, I will spell "King of Wuxi" K-I-N-G-O-F-U-U-U-X-I.  "W" is "double u".  And as the King of Wuxi would say: "The King of Wuxi Fan Club is about you (U), not Me."

Will You "X" Me?
It is not a stretch to say to say that the four letters of the word Wuxi could stand for "Will You "X" I".  The "I" should be "Me", since it is the object of the sentence.  But using the "I" would represent the faltering standard of English that is spoken here by locals and many foreigners.  I let you guess what the "X" stands for.

More Anon
I will continue on with blogging when I get to work.  Family activity beckons.

No comments: