Friday, September 18, 2009

Things I can say, with pride, that I have seen.

I am not a man of the world like the KoW, but that is okay.  When a bunch of men of the world get together, they can be insufferable, just like a bunch of sick cancer patients comparing their conditions, or parents going on endlessly about their children...

Be that as it may, here are some things I am proud to say I have seen, in my life:

  • I saw the Canadian Junior Hockey Team beat the Soviet Junior Hockey Team seven to nothing.  Nothing better than seeing the cock-sucking fucking asshole Soviets get hammered.  The cheers at the end of the game were something else -- the loudest I have ever heard.
  • I saw Johan Cruyff score a goal for the Washington Diplomats against the Minnesota Kicks in a N.A.S.L. match.
  • I saw R.E.M. and U2 concerts on consecutive nights in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
  • I saw Queen Elizabeth II in Brandon, Manitoba.
  • I saw the back of Pope John Paul II's head in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
  • I saw the KoW naked on Vancouver Island.  His skin was a pasty alabaster colour.  His muscle tone was a little off.  But, I felt myself privileged nonetheless.
  • I saw the Sex Pistols perform in Vancouver.
  • I saw an Expat, with a broom, chase his Chinese girlfriend down the streets of Wuxi.
  • I saw two streakers at a British Columbia Lions game which was also the last regular season game of Luis Passaglia's career.
  • I saw Shaun Alexander run eighty yards for a touchdown against the Oakland Raiders.

No comments: