Monday, February 16, 2009

Tony obeys commands on the phone.

At 730 PM tonight, my mobile phone indicated that my wife was phoning me. I answered only to hear silence in my response to "honey!". A second "honey!", a little louder, produced no response. And then I heard Tony's voice. I don't know what he said but he said it loud and then said it three of four times. I then asked him to give the phone to his mother who strangely enough happens to be my wife.

She answered and told me that Tony had somehow managed to ring me up on her phone. Tony, like many infants, is fascinated by mobile phones and loves to play with their buttons. He has on previous occasions rung up Jenny's mother and me.

When I got home this evening, I asked Jenny about the phone call. She reconfirmed that Tony had phoned me unbeknownst to her, and that he had handed the phone to her. I assume that he did so because I told him to.

Good Boy!


The clerks at Kedi, Wuxi's version of 7-11, taught me some words in Wuxi dialect. I will try to learn these words by heart but it will take me a few days to get the sounds and tones right. My Chinese is not as good as it should be and I must change this. With the world going to pot, I got to keep myself busy.

No comments: