Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Random Thoughts

My son Tony is spending too much time on computer games this summer.  I’d take him out, but the humidity is unbearable.


Started a WeChat Wuxi Man Group.  (I believe I talked about it in a recent randoms blog entry)  Not much response, like I get for this blog.  Are there any real readers out there?  Email me or contact me on Twitter:  @wuxiandis.



No respect. Oh well.  Don’t deserve any, I don’t.


I got to stop wandering around malls.  I got to do something.


I have a hernia operation to look forward to.  I’ll be in the hospital for five to seven days.



The ABS warning light went on the in 中国家人 car.  I restarted the car and the light went away.  Was it a glitch?


To be honest, the locals are boring.  The only interesting ones are the pretty ones who don’t scowl.



I am cold and aloof to the locals.  As my wife  says I’m in my own world.


I am lucky to get one or two responses to any postings I do on Facebook.  Others get 50 or 100.  Unimaginable for me, given my social life.  I’m lucky if I ever see a foreigner.



At least, I can read.  Oh!  How I wish I could read and not be bothered by the world.


Trump versus  Biden would be a horrible matchup in a presidential election.  As Halsey English, correctly pointed out in a podcast I recently listened to, it wouldn’t be an election about issues, but between tribes.  Who is the bigger criminal:  our guy or their guy?  



Am I fooling myself?  A question to ask oneself when one makes any assertion, whether political, metaphysical or scientific.  This simple idea I got from listening to the Broken Science Podcast.  It’s a question that even the smartest people don’t ask themselves, and why by not doing so, they go so wrong and do damage to others.  


I am going insane this summer.  It’s too hot and I wish I could be doing something.



Here’s an idea for an All in the Family reboot.  Archie Bunker is played by Donald Trump.  His leaching son-in-law is played by Rob Reiner. ( This was sent as a reply to a Rob Reiner tweet)


Donald Trump will destroy democracy.  That’s what dumocrats say.  What the hell does that mean specifically?  Trump was president and didn’t destroy it.  There was no armed rebellion against his being robbed of the 2020 election.  The uniparty and the huge central bureaucracy have already destroyed democracy: that is what ihas actually happened.



My wife is working her ass off this summer and I’m doing fuck all.





No comments: