Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Moving

Recently, someone told me he was spending the long weekend moving.  He hated moving he said.  It was the 25th move of his life.


That’s nothing! I said.  I had moved 30 times in my life and had two moves to look forward to in the next 12 months.  One was in Jiangyin.  This was from a smaller apartment to a bigger apartment because my son Tony was moving in with me.  The other will be from a smaller apartment to bigger apartment in Wuxi.


Today, was the second day of my move in Jiangyin.  So far, I’ve moved winter clothes, shoes, a small fridge, a microwave, an oven. and shoes to the new apartment.  The oven was moved on a trolley about 200 yards from one apartment to another.  Tomorrow, I’ll move books, more clothes, dishes, kitchen stuff and bathroom stuff.  The move is from a 2nd floor apartment to a 5th floor apartment. I can use the car, driving from a side road to a parking garage where I take an elevator to the 5th floor.

No comments: