Saturday, June 10, 2023

Wordle 722: Par!!! And some thoughts…


 An uneventful weekend otherwise,

Things I will say;

Canadian forest fires were not caused by climate change.

The indictments of Trump are a load of bolshoi.

I liked the ending of Succession.

I have watched all the Tucker on Twitter videos. I’m glad he’s back.

I’m reading this book entitled Seeing like the State.  In it the author discusses the failure of the Tanzanian villagification program of the early 1970s.  Bureaucrats moved people into organized villages because it was easy for them to administer while ignoring the reality on the ground.  Many lives were ruined.  I then heard yesterday that in an area near Casa Kaulins, the government had moved people out of “wild villages.” They were all living in these monstrously ugly apartment blocks.

No comments: