Thursday, June 29, 2023

Government Office

So many government offices in the area. 


So many government offices to get so many needed documents.


Recently, my wife and I went to this government office where she got the deed for the new apartment and where she was able to apply for a passport.  The office was in an area where I hadn’t suspected there would be a government office.  The office was unbelievable crowded.  I hadn’t realized how lucky I was to get a parking spot by the office until I went to the office the second time and had to drive around the building twice before I could park.


The office was full of desks, counters and self serve machines.  Most of the seats in the waiting areas were occupied except these ones I had discovered in a separated back area. It was in this oasis that I spent my time waiting and reading Arabian Sands and Fear and Loathing.


Strange details.  I saw abandoned plastic file packets full of half-filled out documents, photocopied documents and identification photos.  I saw a group of government V.I.P.s touring the office.  They wore white dress shirts and dark pants. Their .visit was being photographed.

No comments: