Monday, June 18, 2007

Looking for "The Wire".

I looked for the Wire this morning at the Ramada (now the Marriott) DVD shop.  I did not find it and so instead I bought a DVD  of Ella singing jazz in 57 and 63, and a DVD of The Mamas and Papas TV performances.  I will watch them tonight after I finish blogging.

I had a student ask me if westerners or Chinese were more greedy.  I told her that I meet some very generous Chinese in my time here  but the Chinese political system engenders greediness because the powers that be want to hold onto their power.  The Chinese system is thus thoroughly corrupt and because of this it can be said that westerners are less greedy that the Chinese.

Chinese students are thoroughly indoctrinated in anti-Americanism.  I pointed out to one that the Americans rebuilt Germany and Japan after WWII.  Something that no other conquering nation has ever done. 

I have only met one student who told me he like George Bush.  He was badgered by the authorities after he started asking questions in 2oth century history class. 

Most of the other trainers sneer at America or at Bush.  They probably never ever stand up to the lies the students have been told especially about Bush.

I am listening to Hugh Hewitt and Dennis Prager on townhall radio.

No comments: