Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Germans to do analysis of Wuxi Water. I am going to Nanjing. More Wuxi Water anecdotes.

Someone has taken a sample of Wuxi water to Germany for analysis.  Many Wuxi expats are waiting for the results which will come either late Thursday or Friday.

One of my students told me that Wuxi water is like beer.  When I asked him to explain what he meant.  He said that Wuxi water looks like beer and tastes like it as well.  Tastes like it?  I asked.  The student said that he hated beer.

It has been said by those in the know that Wuxi tap water is not safe to even shower or wash clothes with.  One of our trainers said he had crystals on his skin after taking a shower in the water.

WuxiLife is full of debate verging on political about the water crisis.  Chinese and foreigners are getting involved.  I wonder how long the debate will last before the site is shut down.

I am going to Nanjing at 847 am tomorrow.

No comments: