Thursday, June 21, 2007

Is anyone reading this blog? No one in China is. Wuxi Water update.

I really would like to switch over from my Spaces Live blog to this Blogspot blog.  I like the look of this blog.  It is simple and uncluttered.  The blogs I admire, like Seablogger and American Fez, are literary and  without media players and slide shows.  To read their latest postings is to be made to think.  That is what I would like to do with this Blogspot site.  Spaces Live just does not look like it was made for writers but teenagers with too much time on their hands.

But my Spaces Live blog gets more visits.  It helps that I have a link on WuxiLife, a prominent Wuxi Expat site.  It also helps that Spaces Live is not blocked as often as Blogspot is.  I have not been able to get to this blog, without going through a proxy, for three weeks now.

With four places to publish my notes, I have yet to decide what I want to do with each site.  Spaces Live will always be the place where I can put photos.  It will have to a portal to my other sites.  Blogspot is meant to be literary with the help of the King of Wuxi.  MySpace blog is a place to put strange things and thoughts of mine that hopefully don't get noticed by those in Wuxi who read my Spaces Live site.  Facebook is an alternative place to put my blogspot entries but one has to be a Facebook user to see it.  Facebook is a good place to put photo albums.

 

The Wuxi Water hysteria has passed.  Every one is dealing with it.  The stores still stock more bottled water than before the crisis.  Near the entrance to our apartment complex,  a water machine capable of filling 20 liter water bottles has been installed though I have yet to see anyone using it.  Many people have stared at the machine and, like me, must wonder if it is a scam.

No comments: