Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Wow; Tony Back to School on April 13th; What's Happening in Pinawa; Stuck in Germany; Aaawwwww!; Elevator Line of Scrimmage


  • One of the bloggers whose blog is in my favorites folder of my RSS reader is following my blog. That be my wordpress blog. His blog is Carlos Caso-Rosendi. This is a blessed thing, I hope.

  • My son Tony goes back to school on April 13th. My fingers are crossed. Hopefully, I will go back to work soon after. I enjoyed being quarantined with my son. We had a lot of fun and rarely got on each other's nerves.

  • A cousin in Pinawa, Manitoba, which is a small town about a hour's drive from Winnipeg and is in the bush for all practical purposes, tells me that they closed the nature trails in his area. Talk about an overreaction. I was able to visit the area last summer. And I found it devoid of people and pollution. One of the cool things Tony & I saw there were deer running in the streets and on the lawns of people's properties. So, I couldn't see the need for the lockdown procedures that have enacted in China, there.

  • An Expat I know from Shanghai is stuck in Germany because of the ban on foreigners entering the PRC His company is not operating and he is having to foot the bill for a hotel. He is not pleased.

  • Aaaawwwww! The locals don't drive like Christians, is all I can say. I was driving into the Hui Shan Wanda Mall parking garage. There was a vehicle moving in front of me, I could tell the driver was looking for a spot to park, and so I was patient, kept my distance and waited for the vehicle to be parked. I then continued on my way and started looking for my own place to park. I saw one, came to a stop to back into it, looked in my mirror and saw that there was a vehicle right on my bumper. Once the driver of the black sedan realized I was trying to park, he backed up a bit to give me some room to park. I had a bit of a narrow spot to back into because I had to park between a column and another car which was parked a little too close to the line on my side, and so there was no way I was going to be able to back in without do a bit of forward and reverse. So I backed in as far as I could and put the car into drive so I go ahead a bit, and then saw that the black sedan was practically right beside my car. We were in a narrow lane and the driver was trying to impatiently drive around me instead of backing off and letting me finish my parking. I had to do another drive forward adjustment and the driver just kept trying to wedge his way around me. I stared at him at one point and made a back up gesture at him. I was annoyed but only cursed to myself. The black sedan when it was able to, drove off in what could be interpreted as a sudden huff. Talk about impatience. (That is one of the worse examples I seen of it since I got off an elevator the week before in an episode that I documented in this blog.) I parked so I could do some shopping. I then drove to another part of the parking garage so I could go to my wife Jenny's office. I again had a car right on my bumper as I was about to park. I stopped to let this vehicle go by, but it instead honked at me. "Fine!" I said to myself and went ahead and parked. I suppose this driver wasn't used to other drivers trying to give her a break.

  • After going to Jenny's office, I had to take an elevator to get down to my parked car. As I approached the elevator, I saw that there were what appeared to be four other people waiting to get on the elevator. I stood back. When the elevator door opened, it was like the line of scrimmage at the instant of a ball snapping in an American football game. The people heading into the elevator crashed into the people trying to get off the elevator. A young man getting off the elevator banged shoulders with one the people getting on the elevator. He regained his balance and found some daylight so he could break free and be on his way. After seeing this and that all who were going to get off had gotten off, I then tried to get on but was blocked by a delivery driver who had been standing in front of the elevator door but must have suddenly decided he wasn't going to get on. This latter person was an example of the locals' lack of self-awareness. When he got out of my way, the elevator doors almost closed on me. They automatically opened but I wondered if perhaps if someone in the elevator had pressed the close door button as the locals are impatiently wont to do when they get on elevators.


No comments: