Sunday, April 19, 2020

I Contain Solitudes

I Contain Solitudes


Inspired by Dylan's I Contain Multitudes


I don't know about multitudes but I contain solitudes.

I lived in Canada where they had at least two.

I am descended from Latvian Diaspora and so there was three.

I lived in NB, PQ, MB & BC which makes four.

And now the five-starred pariah PRC where

I'm just a laowai who minds his own business

and wants nothing more than to be a poet fly on the wall.


Now that I think about it some more, I see that like Dylan,

I contain multitudes by the score.

I have multitudes of interests in my solitudes.

But I don't want to bore with a litany of things I like.

There is only one thing that I should tell you I love and that is Christ.


Whats on the litany, I love too, of course, but that love was unrequited,

but deservedly so for I had multitudinous ways of thinking only of myself.


No comments: