Thursday, April 16, 2020

Tony Shaves; Back to Work in May; A History of Maoism; TDS Trying to Justify Itself; It's Hard to Be Patient; Nixon Made a Huge Mistake?

  • My son Tony shaved hair off his face for the first time. Yes, my little man had a peach fuzz mustache that was dark enough to give him the teenager-with-cheesy-mustache look. I tried first to get him to remove the mustache with my electric razor; but I ended up finishing off the job with shaving cream and a cheap disposable razor. With the latter, Tony did manage to nick himself and draw blood. It didn't hurt he said, but his mother (my wife Jenny) thought it was a medical emergency, and so she applied alcohol to it which did cause Tony discomfort. I had to be insistent and tell her that all was needed a bit of tissue paper and some patience before I could get her to stop.

  • Maybe, our school will open up again in May!!! Aaaaggghhhh!!

  • Reading a book about the history of Maoism, I am. The author is a leftie and tries when she can to stick to the Americans, but it is impossible for her to try to make Maoism anything other than it was: a complete failure anytime and anywhere it was tried. Interesting aspects of Maoism were that it appealed to educated people in privileged societal positions. This is eerily similar to what is going out with Trump-haters. Supposedly, they are more educated than Trump-voters, and yet they advocate idiotic policies. Another aspect of Maoism was how it was never clear on the globalist-nationalist question. If, anything it sought to achieve a globalism with Chinese characteristics. Another thing I am gleaming from the book is that the Chinese will never take over the world because they are Chinese. At best, the Chinese are tolerated by others; but eventually they end up rubbing people the wrong way in a very big way. The Koreans, the Japanese, the Indians, and the Vietnamese all hate Chinese.

  • So Trump is blaming everyone but himself? This is from the people who are trying to blame him for what they see as having gone wrong. This is from the sort of people who thought Obama deserved a Nobel Peace Prize or that Donald Trump was a fascist. Please!!

  • I see more and more locals are not bothering to weak masks as they walk outside.

  • Oh Lord! I still can't keep my temper in check when it comes to the locals' driving. I tell myself, I tell myself and I tell myself to be calm about it! I tell myself to expect the provocations and so to just be cool. I tell myself to be thankful you are not them, and love them anyway. I tell myself that you know Christ and that is superior to anything they have. That's just the way they drive, and there is nothing you can do about that. They don't seem to have problems with the lack of courtesy on the road, and why should you? All this I tell myself. And yet, some local driver suddenly does something that raises the level of thoughtfulness to an previously unexpected high that it is hard for me to not get in a rage about. Just yesterday morning as I was driving Tony to school, I was cut off but two cars, in the left lane, that decided to suddenly go two lanes over to the right to stop. I had to come to a full stop (I was in the right lane). What the hell were they thinking?

  • My favorite blogger just wrote that Nixon's trip to China in '72 and the subsequent opening up to Red China was a big mistake.


No comments: