Friday, July 2, 2010

Overnight

It rained overnight which makes sense when one considers how humid it was last night in Wuxi.
 
The World Cup games are also occurring overnight here in Wuxi.  I was able to watch the Brazil - Netherlands match which was probably the best match of the tournament that I have seen.  The Dutch were worthy of their victory with their aggressive and attacking style.  The Brazilians seem to have become reactive in their play, and unable or unwilling to take any daring offensive initiatives which is what I have always imagined their style of football to be.
 
This evening's Germany - Argentina match will probably be that last I will get to watch.  The remaining games will be played at 230 a.m. local time.  I won't be able to watch at that time.  As it was, last night, I was so grateful that the Dutch won the match without have to play an extra period.  At midnight, I was falling away because of the humidity.
 
Go Holland go!

No comments: