Sunday, January 3, 2010

****AKIC's 2009 Wuxi Expat of The Year****

Daddy!
I arrived home yesterday and had Tony call me Daddy.  It was the first time he had ever done that.
 
Image of the Day
Yesterday, I was walking to school, and saw an employee at a Jewelery store polishing the glass door entrance.  Walking closer, I noticed a pile of building rubble (from a nearby store being demolished) mixed in with old paper drinking cups and bags of discarded take-away cartons from restaurants.  Passing the Jewelery store entrance, it dawned on me that the store was in fact in the midst of all sorts of garbage and rubble.  The store's old neighbours were being torn down.
 
It made the window polishing seem pointless. 
 
But this is the China you don't see in the fancy brochures.  And it is an image I see so much of.
 
Blood for Oil?
So guess what country has gotten most of the contracts to pump oil in Iraq?  Leftists would assume that the USA, but as usual, they are just flat-out wrong.  China, Russia, and France have gotten the contracts; the USA has been shut out.  I will pass on this information to the students tomorrow  -- see how they react.
 
 
The 2009 AKIC Wuxi Expat of the Year
 
Who is AKIC's Wuxi Expat of the year?

You can find out by visiting one of the two links at the botton of this page

Note: one link will you to the answer directly, the other link will lead you there indirectly.  I want you to experience some anticipation.  So without further ado:

Is it:


or is it:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you don't mind; I copy this from your blog and paste it in my email to 4 people; cause I thought this was so interesting; I also explain its from your blog... So letting you know... you can read below what I copy and sent in my email to 4 people I know... So I hope you don't mind me copying what you wrote and sending it in email...


Blood for Oil?
So guess what country has gotten most of the contracts to pump oil in Iraq? Leftists would assume that the USA, but as usual, they are just flat-out wrong. China, Russia, and France have gotten the contracts; the USA has been shut out. I will pass on this information to the students tomorrow -- see how they react.