Thursday, April 4, 2024

3:13 PM View


 Extended my Duolingo streak to 1530 days,


Extended my Hallow streak to 33 days.


I’m rereading the Three Body Problem novel on account of the Netflix series being released.  A few students told me that they read the novel but didn’t understand it. Last evening, I read John Derbyshire’s March diary entry on Vdare and he confessed to not understanding the novel or the NF series either.  Perhaps, I will read sci-fi from the classic era which, according to Derbyshire, took place in the late forties to the early sixties.


So far, I find the three body problem to be sort of interesting at times, only to find it go off on strange tangents.  The idea that bodies can be hydrated and dehydrated and rehydrated makes no sense.  The novel’s depictions of historical figures like Popes and Ancient Greek philosophers are prejudiced.


It is evil what is happening to Vdare,  it’s a political persecution.


Studying on Duolingo, one has to put up with wokery.  Boys talk about boyfriends and so on.  But this video where two lesbians, bearing butch hairdos, explaining Spanish text talk was too much. I had to stop watching it.


My son Anthony likes salmon and now lobster.  Good to see his palate expanding.


My wife told me more about feeling the Taiwan earthquake.  The apartment was really shaking because of it,  it was worse, for her, than the Wenchuan earthquake of ‘08.


My wife Jenny filled the new apartment with all sorts of doo-dads.  I have to confess I find it all so confusing.  Not wanting to annoy Jenny by pressing a wrong switch, I avoid doing things,


My AKIC Daily Video barely garners ten views per day.  Sometimes, it only gets two or three. I get more views when I point the camera at some interesting sight and just post it, unedited, on YouTube., or just not entitle it an AKIC Daily Video.  Whatever. I’ll persist.  I’ll find a way to make it interesting.


I have an Instagram account.  Here is the link for it:  https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5UUFjavIuF/?igsh=enJ1dDVrNmc0emNl I just post videos and photos willy nilly on it.


Here’s another link for it:  https://www.instagram.com/wuxiandis?igsh=cmJ2ODU0bXNiYmEw&utm_source=qr


Went out for dinner last night at the nearby Outlet Mall:  the one that stood empty for over ten years before it finally opened.  At the restaurant, there were the kids who stared at me all agog and who I could hear say’ ‘laowai’.  I am aware of them, in my mind I say ignore them and move on, but aware of them I am,


Z-man says that the smart fraction of the population is decreasing and that there will be a crisis of competence.  What fraction am I a part of?  Probably the dumb or foolish one given my life choices.  I do dumb things knowing they are dumb but I don’t have the will to stop them.



No comments: