Saturday, April 6, 2024

1:59 PM View




 As I was saying, Divine Mercy Sunday is a work day for our school.  I went to school in the morning.  I did three classes.  The first two were all about collecting Student Vidro Projects.  The last one was a speaker’s corner for which I don’t know why I bothered..,

As soon as the third class was done, I packed and took the car to the lake and a video;

I am now in the apartment, watching the student videos: so far, to be honest, they’re not as creative as me.  The one above, if done by a student, would get an ‘A’.


I finished rereading the three body problem.  It was okay, but I had a lot of nits to pick with it.  It was misanthropic, but misanthropic from an so-called enlightened point of view.  Its depiction of historical western figures was surely wrong.  It didn’t deal with the concept of original sin when proclaiming the misanthropy of its ‘enlightened’ characters.  Its depiction of political factions was puerile.  The author’s proclamation at the end that science fiction was the highest form of literature was the proclamation of a teenager.  Teenagers have a sci-fi phase in their life but then they move on from it.


Extended my Hallow and Duolingo streaks to 36 and 1533 days respectively.


At the Monte Carlo’s, I overhear swarthy Europeans speaking English with heavy European accents.  The staff avoid me despite my patronage.  Of course, I put up a shield so what should I expect.


No comments: