Friday, July 15, 2011

Too busy to make entries

  • Summer is busy at the school so I haven't had the time to make daily entries.  So, I leave you with a few notes, observations, and asides today.  And maybe even a link or two.
  • It is Mid-July in Wuxi and it is still in the midst of rainy season.
  • Tony still likes to play with the Ipad we bought over a week.  He is becoming adept at navigating the apps, his favorite one being the Cat App that allows one to scratch and slap a cat.
  • With the Ipad, I read emails in bed for the first time.
  • I have taught students named April, May, June, and July.
  • At a restaurant near the school, there is a big screen television on which one can see the video feed from the kitchen.  An appetizing sight?  
  • There was a tremendous flyover in the Wuxi China Expatdom.
  • I still haven't been able to access my wordpress site.  I can only make entries to it via email.
  • I saw a man chase another man down one evening, as I waited for the bus.  One man had a brick which he held to defend himself from the man who was chasing him.  For whatever reason, the man being chased put the brick down.  The chaser picked it up  and threw at the other man, fortunately missing.  The chaser gave up the chase, but got into another altercation as he returned to where ever it was that he was coming from.
  • These little dramas interest me.
  • Under a tree on what I would have thought was a very forlorn street, I saw a couple sitting and holding hands.  It would have been like seeing a couple sit and hold hands in a mall parking lot in Canada.  Really not at all the right place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wondering where you were this week. We look into your blog daily. Thanks for the update & pics.

Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

wuxi andis said...

I must be busy. I must be getting old. Tony must be wearing me out.