Sunday, June 26, 2011

Monday Obligatory Entry

  • What is the best pub in the Wuxi China Expatdom?  Find out here.
  • I am still not able to access my Wordpress blog sites.  When I try to log onto them, Wordpress keeps telling me my browsers are not accepting cookies, even after I change the settings to allow them.  Wordpress help hasn't been able to help me.  I blame the Great Firewall of China.  So you will have to visit here, here, or here to see AKIC and TKIC photos and videos.
  • The point of my vacation has been to spend as much time with Tony as possible.  I have been riding the bus with him.  Sunday afternoon, I took him to the playground he frequents on Zhongshan Road.  The place was packed with kids and parents.  I almost didn't want to go in.  Problem was Tony did.  So, I let him run around for two hours while I tried to read David Copperfield by Dickens.  Every once in a while, I had to console Tony when he couldn't get into toy car and push himself about.  He felt he  was entitled to use the car anytime he wanted, irregardless of the fact that many other children also wanted to have a try of the car as well.  When it was time to leave, he put off less resistance than I had expected.  He only wailed for a minute.  But he put on his shoes, and as I carried him outside, he had other things he wanted to do.
  • Following the U.S. presidential election, I see that Jon Huntsman has entered.  I hope he is a no-hoper.  He sounds like a RINO-mush-squish head.  The best description I have heard of him -- John McCain without the heroism.  The Repubics don't need to run someone who is a friend to the Democrats.  You run a Democrat against a Democrat, and the Democrat will always win.

No comments: