Sunday, June 5, 2011

Eating Zongzi

A rare reader left a rare comment at one of my blogs telling me to eat zongzi, "a kind of Chinese food which is made of glutinous rice with meat or Chinese date in it and is usually wrapped into a pyramid-shaped or tetrahedral dumpling in bamboo or reed leaves," because Monday, June 6** is the Dragon Boat Festival.
 
Well.  That's what I'm doing.  The wife and son are away, and this mouse has to make himself supper.  Day one of the mouse-can't-play-because-he-has-to-slog-away non-festival, the only food I have in the house for supper is some zongzi courtesy of our school.  So I cooking the stuff up.
 
And I don't actually mind zongzi.  I find it is tasty and quite filling.
 
Two zongzis, that I have just eaten, and I am filled up.
 
 
**More importantly, June 6 is the D-Day anniversary.
 
 

No comments: