Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The wife is in the hospital.

The wife woke me up at 500 AM this morning.  She wanted to go to the hospital because of certain symptoms.  I was in a daze and an are-you-sure mood.  I had been expecting him to come maybe next week or the week after.  I was also thinking I should have been in a more of a oh-my-God-this-it manner, but I felt circumspect.

So, out of the apartment we went at 530 AM to quiet Wuxi streets.  I must remember to try to be up that early all the time.  So quiet and deserted did it seem.  We caught a taxi.  In the haste of the moment, something was forgotten in the apartment.  As the taxi past Xi Hui on the way to #4 People's Hospital, the wife exclaimed shit! as she realized she had forgotten her paperwork. 

At the emergency section of the hospital we registered but not before I made a return trip to home to get the paperwork.  I didn't like leaving the wife in the emergency ward by herself but it had to be done.  Once I returned with the paperwork and the wife was processed, they put her a wheelchair and pushed her to the ninth floor of the main building at the #4.  The little man pushing her was quick.  I had to run after to keep up.

After an examination in the ninth floor baby ward, they put her in a room.  She is in one of those public rooms with six beds.  Every five minutes or so, the men get kicked out of the ward as the nurses do something with one of the women.  Jenny's mother is now there with her.  Mama responded quickly to Jenny's early morning summons.  I am at home now resting and blogging.  I will return later today to the hospital with all her things.  No idea when Tony will come but my wife is now the hospital till he does.

No comments: