Thursday, August 2, 2007

Sir Kenneth Clark's Civilisation

I honestly tried to watch some Bergman movies but they were just too silly.  So I took out the Civilisation DVD box set I have and watched episode one.  Kenneth Clark hosts the 1969 documentary series that still holds up after all these years and all my viewings of it.

A blind man asked my wife for her seat on the bus.  She told him to go to an empty seat nearby.  Everybody on the bus doubted he was blind.

At the Hospital, this man tried to jump the queue at the cashier window while my wife was trying to pay.  She asked him why he didn't want to wait his turn.  The cashier heard that and she gave the man his money back and told him to go to the back of the line.  The man was angry and thought that my wife had sworn at him.  I, at this point, just having noticed, moved in to separate the two.  The man shurgged and huffed and then left.  Onlookers supported my wife.

No comments: