Saturday, March 30, 2024

7:52 PM View


 Back in Jiangyin.  I brought back snacks, Perrier water, pizza, bread and bananas.  So, there is no chance of starvation.

My son Tony was at the Jiangyin apartment by himself.  He phoned me twice.  First, to ask how to bake the remaining salmon fillets that were in the freezer; second, to ask when I was coming back home.  I hoped he studied.

I got a seat on the S1 train coming back to Jiangyin.  I got off at the Jiangyin train station and went to the taxi station to catch a ride home.  The taxi stand beats using a Didi because it is not easy for a Didi driver to find a fare at the big and multi-leveled train station.  If a driver phoned me, I have a hard time getting him to understand my Chinese.

However, I had bad luck as the taxi driver at the taxi stand didn’t understand me or know where Yu Shan Wan was.  He took the wrong exit off Furong and I had to direct him to the Yu Shan, which I did, despite not being at certain intersections which way to proceed.  And I also wondered if he was playing dumb to increase his fare.

No comments: