Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Random Thoughts and Experiences

I was lying on my bed at home, reading my volume of the collected writings of Flannery O'Connor, minding my own business as it were, when I heard a loud crash. I looked out my window and saw that cars on the road had slowed down. I then looked down the road to see that a SUV smashed in on the passenger side. The accident happened by the entrance gate to the California Villa complex.


That entrance can be dangerous because of the strange stopping habits and the impatience of drivers.



I went to an open (to parents) morning of classes at my son Tony's international school. I sat through Chinese, Science, English and Geography classes. Tony performed best in the Chinese class. The other classes, he was quiet.



My son Tony & I are excited by the Montreal Toronto match-up in this year's NHL playoffs. I'd like to see the Leafs win; Tony is cheering for the Habs.



Some like to say that everyone has their own truth. I like to say that sharing your truths with others is like sharing your urine.



I get really angry when people say I have a bad temper.



One contact I have in Canada says his wife is under pressure at her work (she is a teacher) to get jabbed. He wants her to resist. So do I!



So many podcasts. I listen to podcasts where the hosts express their dislike for people who I have listened to on other podcasts like E. Michael Jones and Milo and Jonah Goldberg and Marc Levine and Greg Johnston and Millennial Woes and the Z-man and John Derbyshire and so on.







No comments: