Saturday, February 26, 2011

Steady Downpour of rain and links

  • Sunday morning, I wake up and hear the steady pitter-patter of rain.
  • A video taken in late February 2009.
  • I have festooned my TKIC blogs with photos.  See here, here, here, and here.
  • And while I am at.  Here is a little festooning at AKIC: here, here, and here.
  • The latest TKIC prose.
  • Am I right to use the word "festoon"?  I don't care.  To me, it sounds like a happy, celebratory word, and that is good enough for me.  And what is the AKIC blogging empire but a celebration of life and the simple things that make it so enjoyable?
  • More about the Chinese fad of saying "two" (er) meaning stupid.  Yesterday, the students told me that this was a Northern habit that has migrated South.
  • A photo of AKIC and TKIC.
  • A conflict of visions in the WCE.
  • On my night stand, I have placed my old copy of James Joyce's Ulysses.  Am I going to read it cover to cover?  Probably not.  I have Tony, I have to give time to.  But, I will flip through the novel like I'd flip through a Bible or other compilation.
  • To the Chinese, the number nine is the highest examination level one can achieve.  To a Canadian, the number nine means Rocket Richard, Gordie Howe, and Bobby Hull.  I figured this out when I conducted an English Corner about numbers.
  • Big Wave Contest.
  • I see I have given you rare readers a steady downpour of links.  Enjoy....
  • ...or else!

No comments: