Saturday, February 12, 2011

Back to the Now!

  • I have used up all my CNY photos. Time to get back to the now!
  • Getting Tony to pose Chinese style.
  • I did an English Corner about Complaining on Friday evening.  The students all agreed that complaining was a good way to get a conversation, or dialogue, started.  They also thought the idea of a "complain" party was funny and strangely appealing.
  • The latest photos of Tony.  Having published all my CNY photos that are marginally worthy of actually being published, I revert to taking photos of Tony making faces.
  • Waiting for the bus Friday evening, I was approached by a Chinese man who was taller than me.  He asked me where I was going.  Thinking he was wanting to be my guide, I told him I was going home and that I had lived in Wuxi for over six years.  It turned out that he was a student in the Netherlands back for the Spring Festival holiday.  His plan was to find a job in the Netherlands.  I asked him if he was a Dutch citizen, and he told me he wasn't but that because he had a master's degree, he could look for a job in Holland -- something I didn't know.  I got around to asking him, because he was tall, about his shoe size.  He said he was a 44 which disappointed me because I was hoping he could tell me, a size 46, where I could get shoes in Wuxi.  Being taller than me, he said he had a hard time finding clothes in Wuxi that could fit him.
  • Tony on the couch.  A cool photo.  Really.
  • As I said in the previous entry: snow in Wuxi.
  • Tony and Jenny.  Tony's expression is priceless.
  • Jovi Bon Jon is coming to the Wuxi China Expatdom.
  • One of blogs has been referred to by the Linday Lohan blog.  That's what it says in the referrals section of my wordpress dashboard.
  • Saturday TKIC.
  • I will go for dinner Sunday evening with people from Siemens.
  • Rock and Roll Tony!
  • Tomorrow is Valentine's Day.  All these pretty Chinese girls tell me they have no plans because they don't have a boyfriend, or as one girl said "lover!"

No comments: