Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Back to Work for AKIC. Ugh!

  • Here are the results of the Wuxi China Expatdom Parliamentary elections.
  • Crazy Train (take one).
  • Walking around the downtown of Wuxi on Monday afternoon, I noticed that all the DVD shops were closed.  Perhaps, the cops were doing their periodical roundups of DVD shops.  It pained me because I had a hankering to buy watch some of the movies that had been nominated for Oscars.  I also confirmed that Friday's had been closed on my walkabout -- the formerly plush interior was now filled with piles of plywood.
  • Video of Train and Tractor colliding in Wuxi, China.
  • The Missing Credit Card: a story with pictures.
  • I watched a little bit of my Sons of Anarchy DVD set last night.  That is, before Tony stopped me.  I did get to watch the start of episode 12 which opened with a montage (accompanied with ponderous pop music) of the members of the bike gang waking up in the morning, and who they were waking up with.  Ope woke with his family.  Clay Morrow woke up to see she wife feeding their pet parrot.  The Wuxi-Sexpat-like-biker woke up and told the girl, he had to slept with, to leave....  Anyway, I love to see a similar montage done for some of the organizations I have been in or curious about.
  • A spectacular video where a camera is placed on a toy train.
  • I think I made reference to my trip to a photo studio yesterday afternoon.  My wife had seen that the studio (Shangri-La down the street from the Old Ronnie's location) make a special offer on the Internet.  She took up the offer and made an appointment for Tuesday, so as to get a few family portraits taken and a lot of photos of Tony taken.  The studio was filled with a lot of young women posing for cupcake style portraits of themselves, so I saw a lot of flesh.  Being married and all, I tried to concentrate on my Chinese textbook (which I had brought along because going to a photo studio in China involves lots of waiting), but it wasn't easy.  I also tried to ascertain the gender of one employee who was tall, thin, had his hair tied up like a warrior form a Chinese kung-fu serial, and wore the same uniform that all the female staff wore.  It drove me nuts to look at him/her. Finally after twenty minutes of waiting and watching this person, I asked my wife, who returned from having herself made up, what was up with "Mango."  She said the employee was a guy, and no, I couldn't dress like him.  
  • After waiting for a bit, we were able to pose for photos.  The big question of the photo session was how Tony would behave.  It turned out, he couldn't stand still when we tried to have a family portrait taken.  However, he was better when "posing" for the individual shots, because we could get to laugh, smile, and be playful.  
  • The thing that really bothered me about the studio was how filthy it was.  No one who worked there seemed interested in cleaning.  Rugs and Mats in the place could have used a good vacuuming -- the owners of the studio probably had never seen a vacuum cleaner -- not many in China have, I have learned.
  • The IEF has a new commander.
  • More photos of Tony Kaulins.
  • Protests in Egypt, Libya, Wisconsin, and now the Wuxi, China Expatdom.

No comments: