Saturday, October 30, 2010

The School Trip to Suzhou

The trip was underwhelming.  For a Halloween themed excursion it wasn't very Halloweenish.  We went to an amusement park and we wandered aimlessly for  three hours -- we were ready to go home after two.

The company that was to take us to the school -- got its bus there 90 minutes late.  What was is so hard about having a bus arrive at a place at 230 instead of 400?  Did this cheap tour company provide only same day service?  Or did it decide to provide scary service because it was Halloween?

Anyway, once the bus arrived, we got to Suzhou in practically no time at all. (Suzhou is not that far from Wuxi and I wonder why I don't go there more often.  The last time I went to Suzhou was to accompany my wife as she hired a truck to pick up some furniture for Casa K -- before Tony was born)

At the park, they set us loose and told us to make it back to the bus by 900 or 930.  I spend all my time with Tony.  We went to two "rides", all the while having our photo taken (foreigner carrying foreign baby quite the sight) by the Chinese visitors.

No comments: