Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sunday Thoughts

I haven't been getting out much lately...
Someone told me that they hadn't been getting out much lately, citing responsible things he had to do.  Still, he said he was not going out like it was a bad thing, a thing of shame, that somehow a healthy life meant going out as often as possible.  I would think that going out too much is a thing that really one should be ashamed of, and worry about because it is unhealthy.  The life of home, at your place, is your life, your responsibility where the people you need to care for are.  I can't say that I go to the bar to escape drugs, mountebanks, alcoholics, and indifference.

Thankfully, I haven't been going out much lately.
 
A Wish
How I long to be in a situation so wonderful, I feel no need to brag about it.
 
Too Busy
A student told me she was too busy to observe Tomb Sweeping Day, a traditional holiday dedicated to cleaning the tomb of one's ancestors.  To me, it seemed that it was worrying about the moment at the expense of a forever thing.  But I know about China's often terrible history so maybe they don't want to celebrate it....
 
Tomb Sweeping Day is next Monday, April 5.  However, many locals are observing the day this weekend in order to honour both halves of their families.

No comments: