Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Three QR Codes Needed

With Omnicron officially in Wuxi, the authorities had to act.  (Or should I said felt like they had to) When I arrived at school this morning, I was told I had to download another app on my phone in order to produce another QR code that was needed by the powers to be.  I had to get my wife to register me with that app

Later this morning, my wife phoned me asking me to provide her two more QR codes from two other apps that I had been using to get admittance to public places these past two years.  The school Tony goes to required these codes.

When I was told that I needed to provide a QR code by work, I thought I could give them a QR code from a Jiangsu province health authority.* When I gave the WTF to needing to download and register for another app, I was told that this app was provided by Wuxi so that I could take some Covid test.

The other QR code is used with WeChat.  This must be my location being tracked.

So, three QR codes required in the third year of the Covid panic.  I suppose that in the tenth year of Covid, ten QR codes will be required and the three computer chips stuck in your brain and buttocks will have to be replaced.

*known as the Alipay app but I use an app independent of Alipay.

No comments: