Saturday, February 19, 2022

How Do I Feel about the Canadian Flag?

The Dominion of Canada has had, I think, two flags.  The current one is the one with the red maple leaf.  The previous flag was the red ensign with the Union Jack in the top left corner and a lovely ensign symbol in the center.  

I have been preferring the red ensign.  It was unassuming and full of interesting detail.  The maple leaf flag, aka the Pearson pennant,  was garish and a symbol of all that had gone wrong with Canada with its election of Trudeaus and its (starting in the 60s) needing to be like the Americans, with their visible patriotism, while at the same time hating them.  The Pearson pennant also represented Canada's moving away from Christianity.  In my WeChat avatar, I had taken to using a ice hockey stick to represent my being from Canada and would post the red ensign flag on July 1.

It now seems that the truckers have taken the Maple Leaf flag as their own.  The Canadian regime's media could not hide the massive display of Maple Leaf flags among the protestors.  The protestors were also visible Christians.  Is the Maple Flag now the symbol of the fringe majority and Canadian Christians? What am I and leftist Canadians to do? 

No comments: