Friday, February 18, 2022

Meanwhile in China

I am following events in Canada best I can.  Friday evening, I learned that poop was going down.  Saturday morning, a contact in Canada sent me a video of horses being set on protestors.  The video is circulating on WeChat.  I also came upon ten more nicknames for the Canadian PM.

Friday, I got a message from my wife saying I couldn't leave my apartment compound without having a PCR test done.  I had had the test done on Thursday afternoon.  My wife told the security this but they told her that I would still have to do one in the complex that were being set up to start at 7:00 AM.  I told my school about this and they had some certificates sent to all the teachers in our department on WeChat that we could then show to the security.  And so I was able to get out of the complex and go to work.  (My son Tony did online classes)

At work, I learned that a lot of the other teachers stood in line at other complexes to do PCR tests again.  As well, I was told that students from our school who were in my compound stood in line to do the PCR tests.  No way to sent so many of them proof, I suppose.

At work, we were told that we were to do online classes with our children.  We were then told, at the end of the day that the government said that kindergartens couldn't do online classes.  Now, we are going to make videos…

No comments: