Thursday, January 21, 2021

Unseasonably Warm in Wuxi; Vaccine Smaccine; Incident at Tony's Dorm; Start Afresh?!? How About Apologizing?; We Can't All Be Winners


17 degrees Celsisus in January.  Who'd a thunk it?


At my Speaker's Corner, one of my students talked about a Chinese Covid Vaccine being said to be getting huge acceptance because the American one(s) were so bad.  I avoided the question of whether anything Chinese could be other than crap, by basically telling the student "vaccine, smaccine!"  I don't see the point of a covid-vaccine.  The student then tried to advance her belief that covid vaccines were necessary by saying that German leader Angela Merkel supported it....  And then one of the students agreed with me.


Incident at my son Tony's dorm at his school.  I don't know the full story.  What I heard was that Tony got into a swearing match with a group of Grade 8 students.  Five of them then later went to his dorm room to confront him.  Tony got really angry at them and brought his baseball bat to threaten them.  All I have heard from Tony was from an email in which he said he didn't want to talk about it.  My wife Jenny says the friction is coming from his not being Chinese, but a lone foreigner in his group at school.  I thought about my times in middle school and how I was ostracized as well...


Pretender Biden wants to start afresh.  How about apologizing, you thief!  How about telling white liberals to be honest?  How about telling white liberals to be asking Trump supporters for forgiveness?  So far as President, Biden is being the icehole that I always imagined that he would be.



If both teams, before a match, read the greatest self-help book ever written, it wouldn't stop one of the teams from losing.

No comments: