Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Numb; Tony and the Dorm Incident; People Who Don't Understand; I am an anti-anti-racist; tiger-mothers; Mad Jenny; Stranded Because of Lockdown


Hearing the news that I do hear, I feel numb.  It is so bad that paradoxically I feel no need to be upset.  I have a sense of humor and God to get me through it.


I haven't bothered to question Tony about his dorm incident that I mentioned in a previous blog entry.  He seemed rather somber when I was finally able to see him in person. 


A doctor who attends my Speakers Corners said she didn't understand my vaccine--smaccine reaction to covid vaccines.  People who say that when not understanding the arguments of others, should surely do more to try to understand the premises upon which people come to their opinions.   I can understand why she would think they are necessary.


I am an anti-anti-racist (an AAR) because anti-racists are making the thing, they say they are against, worst.


When a table of tiger mothers gets together, police should come and break up the gathering.  For when tiger mothers get together, they try to think of ways to be crueler to their children.  These gatherings are super-spreaders of unreason and unaccountabilty.


My wife Jenny is mad because my son Tony responded to her violent outbursts in kind.  But to her way of thinking it is all my fault.  She hits her boys with impunity, but how dare they ever hit back.


During a Speaker's Corner,  I was told of citizens arriving at train stations at the end of their journey, only to be put in quarantine for two weeks.  My first reaction was to ask why they weren't prevented from going, at the start of their journey.  Different jurisdictions have different rules they told me.  I was then told of students who were stranded between cities on the freeways because of lock-downs.  One driver left Wuxi to go to Shanghai.  When he went to Shanghai, he was told that he couldn't enter the city because it was lock-downed.  Returning to Wuxi, he was told the Wuxi was now locked down and he couldn't enter Wuxi.  He had to stay at a Freeway Service Area.

No comments: