Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Annoyance at the Wuxi Metro Store, Bastard Food Delivery Drivers


Metro in Wuxi is not to be mixed up with the Wuxi Metro Subway System.  The Metro I am going to refer to in this blog entry is the Costco type wholesale retail store that operates all over China. 

My latest trip to Metro was ruined by their introducing the self checkout stands to their stores.  They seemed to think that they could drastically curtail the number of human checkouts they could use.  The end result were huge lineups, that you would never see on a Monday, at the two human checkouts.  I got tempted into using the self checkouts to avoid the long lineups, but I wasted fifteen minutes to find out that I couldn't use the self-checkout because the app you needed to use the self-checkout wouldn't accept my Alipay because it wasn't only set to use a credit card and not a debit card.  Kapeche?  Understand?

I was annoyed but in a restrained way, for me.


These food delivery e-bike drivers, whose numbers have drastically increased because of an app that can be used to get home food deliveries, must get sworn at a lot during their shifts because they drive like bastards.  Either that, or they occasionally get sworn at by this foreigner, who has sworn at them on numerous occasions.  One of these iceholes just recently got sworn at because he made too tight a turn to get around me.

No comments: