Sunday, December 6, 2020

Madame Bovary; Latvian; Busy Weekends; The Old Man and the Sea; Christmas 2020; Top Three Mental Diseases of 2020; Covid 20, Covid 21, ...; Tony Plays Sports; Chinese Not Allowed a Christmas Holiday; I'm a Lumberjack;


I have finishing reading Madame Bovary in French and in English translation.  In early January, I will publish entries documenting the video and movies I watched in 2020, and the books I read in 2020.  Both will be long entries.

Šeit ir daži latviešu rakstiski ar jums patiesi:Man nepatīk ķīnieši kā grupa.  Tomēr, man patīk daži kā indivīdiem.


Because Tony is only home on the weekend, I'm busy then and I have no time to relax or socialize.  Not that I am complaining.  I am just saying this to fulfill my daily blogging requirement.


Tony has to read the Old Man and the Sea at school.  I've just read the book so I will be able to help him and talk about the book with him.  I remember in my Winnipeg days, that there was an acquaintance that said it was his favorite book; and I thought it would be a nice gift to give him a hardcover copy of the book.  It was an attempt at that time to have a social life.  Alas, nothing came of it.


I really don't want to socialize with any expats this Christmas.  I don't want to deal with people who thought it was a good idea for Biden to win the election.


Three mental diseases afflicted the world in 2020:  Trump Derangement Syndrome, Covid Overreaction Syndrome and anti-ogly-booglyism.  The last could also be called Anti-Racism.  My favorite blogger (at Essays of Idleness) told of a woman who theorized that Covid kills old people and makes younger people mad.


I don't look forward to a future of Covid 20, Covid 21 and so on....


My son Tony told me he got a home-run playing baseball.  It was a grounder that went up the middle.

Basketball wise, he wasn't so successful as his team lost all three games they played on a Friday.


I have been told that at international schools in Wuxi, Chinese staff are not allowed to take time off on account of Christmas, because it is not a Chinese holiday.  This is Xi Jing Ping Nationalism I would suppose.


On the weekend, Tony was watching something on the computer and he found it so funny that he had to show it to me.  What was it?  The Monty Python Lumberjack Skit.





No comments: