Friday, August 26, 2011

Names the students have given themselves: Summer 2011

Amelia
Alien
Android
April
Arrow
Aurora
Axel
Blue  (*A sad girl was Blue.*)
Bonnie
Caesar
Celeste
Cheney
Chirly
Coral
Crystal
Dancey
Gosick (* The student, if I recall correctly, told me that Gosick was a cartoon character*)
Gundam
Gustav
Jade
Journey
July (*We could have had a class with April, May, June, and July.*)
June
Killer (*Killer was a girl.*)
King
Kitty (*Hello Kitty! I say, and I get a laugh from the students.*)
Levine (*She preferred the pronunciation "Leaven"; not "le vin"*)
Lion
Loner (*How did you get such a name?  I asked.  The student misunderstood and said he had lots of friends.*)
Luffy
Lydia (*I ask her if she has heard of Lydia the tatooed lady.*)
Maple
McGread
Nena
Rock
Rocky (*He told me he had never heard of Bullwinkle.  However, he had heard of Sylvester Stallone.*)
Sand  (*It's the Sandman!*)
Spinach
Stark
Steel
Stella (*Hadn't heard of a Streecar Named Desire.*)
Stone
Vanilla
Visa (*Do you have a friend named Mastercard? I asked.*)
Wade
YiLine
Yoh
Zoe
Zorro (*The student asked if Zorro was a cowboy.  Not exactly I said.*)

No comments: