- Should I shirk work to go to church?
- I was told on Saturday that many locals were going downtown to shop and buy things before prices go up on Monday. Inflation, they told me, is coming to Wuxi.
- The Saga of the Blue Toy
- A student told me that China and America have always been friends. He mentioned what America did to help China in WW 2. I asked him about the Korean War and he said that North Korea invaded South Korea, and so that didn't contradict his statement.
- A new comedy club will open up in the Wuxi China Expatdom
- Sunday morning on the way to school, I saw a little motorcycle-wagon combo vehicle filled with lettuce. The lettuce was strapped into the trailer like folded cardboard boxes would be strapped on a back of an overload. It made me shudder.
- Outlaw Electric Bicycle Gang terrorizes Wuxi, China nightclub.
- I've just completed a "hypothetical situations" conversation class. I asked the students what they would take out of home if it was burning and they had but two minutes to get out. Two of the teenaged students said they would take out their homework.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Sunday: the last day of the AKIC week of work....
.....if you can call it that.