Thursday, November 3, 2011

No headphones

I took the 610 bus to work Friday morning.  I got a seat as far back in the bus as I could.  

Once seated, I took out my Chinese textbook, and read, all the while wishing I could hear the podcast playing on my mobile phone.  I had just about destroyed another set of earphones.  I would have to put off buying another set for a while since the idea of asking my wife to buy another earphones would be met with her exasperation.

Looking at my book, I noticed, out of the corner of my eye, that the guy besides me was cranking his neck to see what I was looking at.  I just wasn't in a foul-tempered mood just then so I ignored him. 

I then heard him muttering.  I thought he was singing along with music on his mobile phone.  But as I arose from my seat to get off the bus, I noticed he wasn't wearing any earphones.

He was slightly mad, like me.

No comments: