Sunday, August 6, 2023

Colonoscopy versus Hernia Operation

The highlights of my summer were the colonoscopy and the hernia operation.  


The fact of there being two medical procedures poses the question of which was better.  Both have something to be said for them.  The colonoscopy was short: ten minutes and was an outpatient procedure. But it meant I had to pay for the procedure and then make a claim for a 80 percent reimbursement.  The hernia operation was longer, earned me street cred, purchased for me some sympathy, and I didn’t have to pay for it or even make a claim because it was inpatient. But it involved a lot of discomfort, staying in the hospital, and a long recovery.


I leave it to my rare readers to decide which was the highlight.  You can email me at andiskaulins@protonmail.com, tweet me @wuxiandis, or make a comment below, 

No comments: