Sunday, August 6, 2023

Back Home

 The bandages are off.  The wounds are healing. I’m still a little sore.

I pass the time reading poetry and Plutarch, listening to podcasts (Trish Wood, Jeffrey Tucker and John Derbyshire), doing Duolingo (Spanish, French and Mandarin Chinese), reading blogs (Essays in Idleness and Substacks), posting on WeChat (Wuxi He Man Group and  Sticker (Gif) group), doing crosswords, and tweeting (Xting?) on X aka Twitter.

I am rereading Four Quartets by TS Eliot.

It is too hot and I’m too sore to go out.

After listening to a Trish Wood podcast where she interviewed Jeffrey Tucker from the Brownstone Institute, I tweeted her and requested that she talk to David Warren of Essays in Idleness,  The two have a lot in common: they both live in Toronto, both are Catholic, both are Covid skeptics, and both were formerly big in the legacy media.  She replied that she would look into it.

On X, in the “for you” section, I see a lot of pro-Biden pro-Obama propaganda and Trump hatred tweets.  To see the crowing at the possibility of Trump going to prison and the rabid hatred of Trump-sympathizers does make my blood boil, and I do often tweet replies.  These replies, I can say truthfully, don’t ride to the vulgarity of the tweets I am replying to, but I will admit that I make ad hominem statements.  The pro-Biden propaganda, I have decided will, only earn a “propaganda “ reply from me,  The propaganda is usually weak and you wonder how anyone, with any critical thinking skills, could believe them — and do the people making the tweets know how weak in reasoning they are?  I mean like what is the actual mechanics or philosophy of Bidenonomics ?

I shouldn’t bother about politics and leave it to God to deal with it.  But it is difficult.  Watching the political persecution of Trump through lawfare is hard to keep quiet about.

No comments: