Monday, August 7, 2023

Annoying Administrative Procedures

took my Canadian bank card to a local ATM that had an interac feature to withdraw some money.  This bank card is old and sometimes won’t work because of dust.  I will also put it in the wrong way sometimes.


This time, the card didn’t work the first time. The ATM gave me the card back.  I dusted it.


I put the card back in, but I had a brain fart and put it in the wrong way.  The ATM told me to take the card back, but it was stuck in the machine.  This happened during business hours so I told my son, who was accompanying me, to get bank staff to help me.  Tony did this, but by the time the staff came, the ATM timed out and I got a message that the machine was keeping my card.


We were able to get the staff to help us get the card from the machine,  but we had to endure an administrative process before I could get the card back.  I didn’t bring my passport so I had to electronically transfer a passport image I had on my phone.  They could have just given me my card then, but it took another fifteen minutes, after which I had to sign a document that they had to print.


It was like going through the security of an airport.  Could anyone exercise common sense?


https://kaulins.substack.com/p/annoying?sd=pf

No comments: