Saturday, November 5, 2022

You’ve Cornered the Market on Being You!

 You’ve cornered the market on being you!  Exploit it for all it’s worth!


Maybe, Paul Pelosi is gay.


Emily Oster? Aster? Whatever her name, she can take her pandemic amnesty idea and shove it up her ass!


A: I hope you have a remunerative rest of the day!

J: I am!  What about you?

A: Lucrative!


Honesty is such a racist thing.  That’s why so many people feel the need to be untrue.


Super Cool is three parts funk and four parts groovy mixed with a dash of dynomitedness.


There is something worse than getting what you want.  That’s getting what you wanted served on a golden platter at no charge by someone who isn’t paying for it.


Wearing masks against Covid is a primitive superstition.


Susie Quatrain would be a great name for a poet.


Joe Sextet would be a great name for a classical poet of working class parentage.


Where did they grow Magic Money Trees? Zimbabwe!


I wouldn’t recommend tourists coming to China.  Their Covid regime is oppressive.


I am in China. A big chunk of my life has now been spent here, and yet I still sometimes say that to myself.


I hate Chinese drivers.  They are always cutting me off in irksome ways.  In a book entitled What is Wrong with China, the one written a hundred years ago or so, the author said something along the lines of that a Chinaman goes his way through the day without an awareness of other people. I found it apt because it was so borne out by my experiences.  


The Chinese driver’s instinct when changing lanes is to speed in front of a car beside them rather than to slow down and go behind them.


I need to pray more.


A bi-Saturday for my son & I is to eat pizza slices at a pizza-by-the-slice place in downtown Wuxi.  If you explore my YouTube channel, where I post videos every week, you can find videos of it.


I did have a singing taxi driver on my way to the Jiangyin passenger coach station.  Seeing I was a foreigner, he said “Okay” to me in that patronizing way that many locals have when having to deal with a foreigner.  I didn’t take offense to it, other than to make mention of here and now in this blog.  The driver did sing along to a song that was playing on his music player, and I had to admit that I wished I could have been able to get the song and learned.  Nice was the female singer’s voice and impressive was the driver’s rendering of it.  I tried to compliment him on his singing as I paid the fare, but who knows if he understood.


Your father was the 1972 Miami Dolphins.  The only undefeated team in Professional football history.

No comments: