Saturday, November 26, 2022

Funky Funky Groovy!

 Groovy Groovy Funk Down!

Funky Funky Groovy!


A Chemistry teacher at my school has a signed posted in a classroom that says “Chemists have all the solutions!” I think it be cooler and more humorous if there was a sign that said “Acid is groovy!”



All I saw in Huaxi was a symptom of an amazing hubris.  I never saw tributes to Chairman Mao that were so over the top.



I have heard so many anecdotes and rumors about the Covid policies around these parts that I am reluctant to travel anywhere. For instance, I have heard that an outsider goes to Shanghai, they can’t enter public places for five days.


There is suspicion that lockdowns will come around Chinese New Year.  It has become a truism to say that lockdowns always seem to happen around holidays.



I am able to watch a World Cup match in the evening.  However, the first Canada game and the USA-England game were at 3:00 AM in the morning.


I consoled the teacher from Ghana, who was disappointed with his country’s loss to Portugal, that at least his country had scored goals…


Maybe it would be better if Canada didn’t score any goals in the 2022 World Cup and missed a few penalties while doing so.


I wonder what the size proportion of a puck to a hockey net compares to a football to a soccer net.


No comments: